Wednesday, April 16, 2008

QUICK VEGETABLE SOUP

I made this soup the other night and thought, you all really NEED this recipe. It's easy, it's fast, and most important, IT'S DELICIOUS!!! It's not one of Mom's recipes. Actually it takes way too little time. Mom was one of these talented cooks who spent most of her day in the kitchen. She could putz around for hours.

She used to wonder how in the world I could make a meal in about 30 minutes. Of course, it's pretty easy when you don't cook and love Schwan's. Anyway, I found this soup recipe and thought this is something right up my alley. We really like it. Hope you do, too.

Combine in a saucepan:
1 1-lb. can of pork and beans (Bush's Baked Beans are the best. They have more brown sugar and are a little sweeter than some of the others.)
1 can of condensed vegetable soup
1 can whole kernel corn, undrained (I use the 16 oz size, you could use a small can if you prefer)
1/2 soup can of water
Generous dash of salt
(I added a drained can of black beans one time. That was very good as well)
Heat to boiling.
Add 1 12 oz. can of chicken meat. Cook until heated through. This makes about 5 servings.
Enjoy.

Till next time.
JB

No comments: