Friday, April 27, 2012

Whatta Week and it's only Thursday!!

As you can tell - this blog was written a couple years ago now.  I actually started it, and then never  got it posted.  I was hoping it would stay in the proper sequence seeing that I started writing it way back when, but, alas, it didn't so just bear in mind, this was written back first part of June in 2010.  

Happy Memorial Day - a little late, but still in the proper week.  Before I get started, let me just say that I am getting VERY tired of dial-up internet service. Now, I know that I should be thankful that we have any internet service at all considering the rural area we live in, BUT, we DO and we have been promised high speed internet for the past 2 1/2 years now.  YEARS, mind you, not months, Years!!!  The towers are up, the guts are being installed, but we've been hearing that for at least a year and a half, so my question is::  Where the heck is our high speed service?  Can someone -- anyone tell us when it will be available.  At least, that would give us something to go on.  Two months ago I was told by the office that stuff was being installed at that time but it would probably be 2 or 3 months yet.  THAT was 2 or 3 months ago.  WHERE IS IT????

Of course, I realize that those of you reading the above can't do a blooming thing about it, but somehow I feel better just getting that off my chest.
Now, for the "whatta week" stuff.

I started out Monday (Memorial Day) preparing for the colonoscopy on Tuesday that I have been trying to avoid for the past 10 years or so.  I finally convinced myself that having the test would probably be a good thing (smile) so there I was Monday drinking a gallon of GoLytely.  Doesn't the name just get you?  Give me a break - GoLytely.  Hardly!!!!  After the first 30 - 45 minutes of drinking that stuff, you are doing anything but going lytely.  Soooooooooo, I got the process started.  Just prior to the first siege, I thought to myself, "you know, it would probably be really smart to wear something a little protective, just in case this starts with a "bang" and getting to the bathroom is not an option at that time."  So, I went and put on one of Ma's big old panty Depends that she wore some when she was living here.  And, sure enough, about 15 minutes after THAT wise decision, the show was on the road - so to speak.  Actually, the show was in the Depends, but you get the picture.  So, after spending the next 45 minutes to an hour holed up in the restroom, drinking more GoLytely to continue the process, I decided that if I continued wearing a Depends, I could probably navigate to the kitchen and back and not have an "accident".  So, that's what I did the rest of the afternoon.  I felt like a "big old person in a diaper" but it worked.  As the flushing continued, the Depends did its job and I stayed high and dry.  What a deal.  I was sitting at the computer drinking GoLytely, and getting rid of it all at the same time.  About two glasses was all that little panty could hold, so "off with the old and on with the new".  Think I went through 5 or 6 of the things, but it sure beat the heck out of sitting in the bathroom for 4 hours.  And, that's really your only choice unless you want to have major cleanup duty when all is finished.

Believe me, the actual test was NOTHING like the warm-up.  They put me to sleep, and before I had time to wonder when they were going to get started, I was waking up in recovery - all finished.  That was definitely the easy part.  The joy of it all is I get to do it again in three years.  Yippity-do!!!

So much for that.  THAT was the beginning of my week.  Then, Wednesday, Bill went to see the folks who bought my Blaze last fall as we are selling our remaining two horses and thougtht they might be interested.  When he got there, the man told him that he'd had to put Blaze down.  He was playing with the other horse and got his leg tangled up in a corral panel.  Broke the leg and tore up ligaments and muscles and everything.  I felt so bad, and felt bad for the owner as well.  He was about in tears telling Bill about it.  He really loved that horse about as much as I did, I guess.  Sure was sad to hear that.
Here's my best picture of that pretty fella.



AND, today, we've got someone coming to get the last two horses.  Bill just doesn't trust Shadow enough to be comfortable riding her, and so if he doesn't ride, I don't either.  Much as we like both the horses, they just cost too much to keep and feed and shoe and worm and etc. when you aren't riding anymore.  I wish we'd have never gotten them when we were out of horses before, but this is the last time we'll go through this.  I can't take HAVING to get rid of them.  I really was all right selling Blaze, but I don't really want to sell Domino.  I haven't had enough riding time with him.  But, that's the way it goes sometimes.

This was my Domino.  He was really beautiful and I think we
would have done well together, but, alas, he had a foot problem
and ended up limping much of the time.  The vet said he'd probably work OK for a kid to ride but not a grownup - at least not much.  Never work for trail riding.  So, he's gone,

Now, perhaps, I'll actually get this posted!!!

No comments: