Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A New Venture

I can't believe it but I'm turning into my mother.  I've been canning tomatoes, putting up her refrigerator cucumber salad by the quarts, and today I actually started making her Open Jar Sweet & Sour pickles.  Basically, NOT because I WANTED to make pickles, but, I have BAGS of cucumbers in the fridge which need to be used, and this recipe starts out with A TWO GALLON JAR OF SLICED CUCUMBERS!  Now, that's the way to use up cucumbers in a hurry.  And they are so pretty in the glass jar.  Now, if only they taste something like I remember, I will be a happy little pickle maker.



So, Ma is still with me - I can't look at the cuc salad or now the S & S pickles without thinking about her, and, drat!  I have a question I need to ask her, and she's not here.  It's been almost 10 years and I STILL have questions I need to ask her.  I guess that will never go away.  I know I'll be able to ask her someday when we see each other in heaven, but I can't quite imagine making sweet and sour pickles up there.  Basically, because if we do get to eat, it will be heavenly food!  :)

The dryer calleth so perhaps I'll get back to posting again later.  Obviously, I'm not a really great blogger, but then, I'm following some folks who started off strong and kind of faded as well.  I miss them.  Their posts made my day.  :)

Later ~~~~~~

No comments: